There are many articles about the insole for treating Plantar Fasciitis. Some of them do not define Plantar Fasciitis and talk about the causes, symptoms and treatment. All the details will be provided below, including 5 bests insole you can use to treat plantar Fasciitis.
Let’s get right into it.
What is Plantar Fasciitis
Plantar fasciitis is a stabbing pain that you feel at the bottom of your foot, in the arch and heel. The pain is usually a result of the inflammation of the Plantar Fascia ( the band of tissue that connects the heel to the toes).
Difference Between Plantar Fasciitis and Heel Spur
Plantar Fasciitis pain exists in the arch and the heel of the foot. However, Heel Spur pain exists in the heel only. Plantar Fasciitis and Heel Spur are not the same but associated. The inflammation of the band of tissue (Plantar Fascia) leads to, as already described, plantar fasciitis. And, if you don’t treat the Plantar Fasciitis, it can lead to Heel Spur. So, we can say the Plantar Fasciitis and Heel Spur can occur respectively when the Plantar Fascia is damaged. The attempt to repair the damaged Plantar Fascia creates calcium deposits on the underside of the heel which will form Heel Spur. Hence, Heel Spur can be described as a secondary result of Plantar Fasciitis.
Heel Spur Definition: A Heel Spur is a result of calcium deposits leading to a bony protrusion on the bottom of the heel bone. It causes a stabbing pain on the underside of the heel.
Cause of Plantar Fasciitis
As already established above, Plantar Fasciitis is a result of a damaged Plantar Fascia. Now, let’s find out a few activities that would affect the Plantar Fascia
Here is the list of the causes of damage to the Plantar Fascia:
- Unsupportive footwear
- Extra weight on the foot
- Excessive running/walking
- Jumping injury from landing with the foot sole
Symptoms of Plantar Fasciitis
The following are the signs associated with Plantar Fasciitis:
- Feeling a stabbing pain on your foot sole in the morning after stepping on the floor to get off your bed
- The pain may decrease but return after hours of standing
- You can feel the stabbing pain after rising from sitting
Plantar Fasciitis Treatment
Here is the lists of do’s and don’ts in treating Plantar Fasciitis by NHS:
- Rest and place your foot on a stool when you get the chance
- You need to wear a comfortable shoe with a low heel and soft sole
- Rest and place your foot on a stool when you get the chance
- Frequent gentle stretching exercises are helpful
- Use Paracetamol
- Use an ice pack on the area where you feel the pain for about 20 minutes every 2 – 3 hours
If you don’t want to use the traditional method of attaching ice bag or frozen peas onto the bottom of your feet, Ice Pack Therapy Slippers is a more comfortable way of reducing the Plantar Fasciitis pain.
5 Best Insoles for Treating Plantar Fasciitis
Now that you have some knowledge on Plantar Fasciitis, the following is the list of the best insoles for treating it.
Superfeet Green Performance Insoles
- 60-day money-back guarantee
- Deep Heel Cup: The insole features a deep heel cup that contours to the foot and offers optimal support and shock absorption
- Biomechanical Shape: A Superfeet® shape which helps to stabilise and support the foot thereby reducing stress on feet, ankles and knees
- Organic, Odour-Control Coating: Superfeet Green comes with a natural coating that helps get rid of odour-causing bacteria
- The insole is made of flexible foam and available in different sizes for different shoe sizes and shapes
- Durable Construction: Reliable construction and providing comfort for about 12 months or 500 miles
- High-Density Foam Layer: High-density foam is a closed-cell foam that provides support and reliable cushioning
- Stabilizer Cap: Stabilizer Cap acts as the base of the Super Green insole. It provides support to the rearfoot and delivers structure and stability to the foam layer
- Suitable for people with normal to high arches
- Designed to prevent and lessen the pain associated with Plantar Fasciitis, Metatarsal, mild to moderate pronation, heel or arch, sore or aching feet, back pain, bunions, weak arches and other related foot conditions
- Versatile and suitable for most shoes such as sneakers, smart shoes, dress shoes, football shoes, work boots, ski boots, loafers (slip-on), and so on
- Anti-microbial top fabric for heat and friction reduction
- Powerstep Pinnacle insole is for anyone who wants to alleviate the pain associated with Plantar Fasciitis and other common foot conditions. It’s also for anyone who wants extra support and comfort in their shoe
- The insole stabilises and protects the heel during landing
- It features double-layered cushion casing from heel to toe for all-day comfort
Sof Sole Plantar Fasciitis Orthotic Insole
- It’s specifically designed to relieve the pain resulting from a stressed or damaged Plantar Fascia.
- The gel in the heel guarantees Heel Spur pain relief.
- Sof Sole Plantar Fascia insole is a durable and comfortable insole with 3/4 length design. The design profile can fit many types of shoe.
- It features Heel Cup for motion control and stability
- Any painful arch can get the necessary support from the Plantar Relief Bridge
WalkHero Plantar Fasciitis Insole
- Deep Heel cup for stability and weight control
- It comes with an antimicrobial treatment that gets rid of 99.9% of bacterial, control odour and prevents blisters
- Designed with 7mm arch support to reduce stress on feet, ankles and knees
- Comes with built-in silicon material for optimum shock absorption, soreness relief and pressure reduction
- Features High-density foam layer which provides cushioning and high energy return upon high impact
Dr. Scholl's Pain Relief Orthotic Insole
- Designed to relief and prevent Plantar Fasciitis pain
- Designed for sneakers, work boots, work shoes and casual shoes
- It features a reinforced arch and shock absorbing heel cushion
- Helps to alleviate morning pain from Plantar Fasciitis
- Can last up to six months. You should replace it after six months.
- Can machine-wash but not machine-dry it. Air-dry is the approved method
- Can use it in a shoe without a removable insole as long as the shoe still feels comfortable
- 90-day money-back guarantee