Adidas NMD R1Prices From: £50+
- Highly recommended by the majority of reviewers
- Features Boost technology for amazing energy return
- Simple design and easy to slip on
- Stylish and can be worn to travel anywhere in the urban cities
- Lightweight material on the upper
- Lack of insole makes the it feel lighter on foot
- Lack of insole might have reduced the comfort level
- Perforations on the outsole allow dirts to get through to the Boost.
Ultra Boost shoe was designed for runner and features Boost technology that provides better energy return for runner. For some reasons, it is right to say the NMD R1 is the another version of the Boost shoes that is made as a lifestyle sneaker except it cannot perform as Boost shoes when it comes to running for a long distant. The Adidas NMD R1 is the first version of Adidas NMD line of shoe that was released in 2015.
A Quick Video
- Most customers recommend NMD R1
- Most reviewers say the shoe is very comfortable
- The highest percentage of Reviewers applaud the quality of NMD R1
- Many users say the shoe is very true to size
- Great looking, comfortable and stylish are the words that many reviewers used to describe the shoe
- Many fans say they like all the colourways of NMD R1
- Many reviewers applaud the comfort and support of the sole
- There are many fans that have owned more than three pairs, and they are still willing to have more pairs in different colourway. This is because of the quality and the overall style
- Very lightweight are the words some reviewers used to praise NMD R1
- A reviewer say if there should be an improvement, it should be the laces. It should be made sturdier and a bit shorter
- The shoe runs a bit big is what some users say. They recommend going for half a size down
About The Shoe
Before going into telling you some important features of the NMD R1 and how good or bad the shoe is, I will first like to let you know a brief story behind the making.
Lets me start by saying Nic Galway is a veteran that works as a designer for Adidas. He wanted to design a shoe that is very culturally minded; the shoe that can be used mostly for lifestyle, traveling and cruising urban cities; the shoe that has no boundary for daily wear. The NMD means nomad. Google defines nomad as a person who travels from place to place. This is the purpose Nic Galway wants the shoe to serve. It’s not a shoe designed for sport, but the one specifically designed for nomadic lifestyle.
The Retro sneakers such as Rising Star, Boston Super and Micro Pacer are the ones that inspired the NMD R1 shoes. NMD R1 was launched in 2015 and has become one of the most Adidas sought-after lifestyle sneakers since then. It is the first model released in the line of NMD shoes.
Truth be told, the shoe will always do well in comfort but not in performance. So if you need a comfortable shoe for your daily wear or traveling, the NMD R1 might be a good option for you.
NMD R1 was released as a comfortable stylish shoe for urban cruising. The shoe is available in different colourways. What many people love about it is the look and the design. It looks exactly like a running shoe – just a flash of Ultra Boost look. So, there is no doubt that it was inspired by running shoes. Though it is not designed for sport, it can be good for light training. Also, the NMD R1 pairs can easily go with any type of outfit, bet it jeans or any type of casual pair of shorts. Either you are a man, woman, girl or boy, you will definitely find NMD R1 style that suits you best.
Primeknit is one of the Adidas cutting edge technology that can be found in the NMD R1. It gives the shoe a real model look in the upper. When you look at the new version of NMD R1, you would notice rib-like design lines that run from the toe box to the end of eyelets. This new feature can be found in the NMD R1 STLT Primeknit version. I’ve read that this provides more support, but I think it also helps the upper looks great as well. The shoe has no lining or reinforcement. So the elements on the upper are there to provide some level of support to the primeknit. The old version of NMD R1 has the Adidas branding on the tongue tab.
On the heel, there is a pull-loop that has “The brand with The 3 Stripes” printed on it. The pull-loop is supported by the rubber heel counter, sometimes called heel moustache. The rubber heel counter also has the Adidas branding on it. This heel counter is there to provide some reinforcement to the heel tab. Look closely, and you will notice a stretchy sock-like upper which enables easy wear and provides amazing feet.
The NMD R1 has rubber outsole. The outsole was designed in the best Adidas way to provide the right amount of traction for everyday wear. The traction can function well on either a dry or wet floor. According to Nic Galway, the holes on the sole are not just there for decoration. They are there for a reason which is to allow the Boost to move freely and thereby providing the best energy return. The LEGO-like blocks on the outsole serve a specific purpose which is to provide supports in the Boost foam. What you can also find on the rubber outsole is the Adidas branding which gives the trainer another good look.
The well-known Boost cushioning technology can be found in the midsole. The midsole of the new NMD R1 can still be traced back to the NMD R1 2015 version. There is nothing change so it still provides the same feeling. The EVA stability plugs are another distinctive features incorporated in the midsole.
The Adidas NMD R1 has no insole. This makes the wearers feel the comfort of the Boost cushioning in a whole new way. Also, I think it helps create more space. So there is more room for people with big feet.
The NMD R1 has been on the market since its released in 2015, and is still one of the most popular Adidas lifestyle sneakers. The Boost cushioning and the Adidas Primeknit technology used in the shoe are the important features that catch people attention. Both sneakerhead and non-sneakerheads love it for its amazing comfort, style, and the overall quality.
Leave a comment. Have any question? Please ask.