The Fresh Foam 1080v10 is a running shoe that New Balance just released in November 2019. Many runners have tested it. After the test, they provided their opinions. The following are a summary of what they think.
- No break-in period is required and it’s easy to slip on and off
- According to many runners, unlike the New Balance Fresh Foam 1080v9, the footwear has no sensation of heel slippage while running
- Reviewers commented that the heel slippage and discomfort some runners experienced in the previous version have been fixed in this new model
- A runner says the outsole seems to provide good traction as he took them on 9-miler with a pickup without worrying about cornering or slippering
- Comparing to it predecessors, Fresh Foam 1080v10 is lighter, softer, fitter and more responsive according to runners
- A reviewer says he needs not adjusting the shoelaces once his foot is inside as the shoe fits well
- Many of the runners that have reviewed the shoe said that the heel and the midfoot provide secure lockdown and the knit upper give their toes ample an of freedom to move around comfortably
- A reviewer says he would not recommend it as a speed workout footwear but as an everyday trainer
- Reviewers applaud the shoe for its ability to hold their foot firmly in place but give it the freedom to move as they go through their gait cycle
- One reviewer says he likes the high heel of the Fresh Foam 1080v10 which protects his Achilles Heel and prevents rubbing and blistering
- A reviewer says the tongue and the curl of the heel are exaggerated and could be dialled down a bit
- Another reviewer says the room in the toe box area doesn’t seem enough, but it’s not a significant issue as the knit upper is stretchy
- A runner pointed out that he senses the shoe has the potential to slide in a wet surface
Here is the video in which a runner talks about the New Balance Fresh Foam 1080v10. In the video, he compared the Fresh Foam 1080v10 to the previous version. According to him, the shoe is softer, lighter, and feels more comfortable. He also mentioned that the shoe is very responsive and demonstrated its flexibility. Overall, he considers it as a daily trainer shoe that fits well.
You can watch his review down below.
New Balance released the Fresh Foam 1080v10 in both men and women styles/versions, which means the shoe is available in both men and women sizes. On New Balance site, the women’s Fresh Foam 1080v10 sizes range from UK3.5 to UK10 while the men’s Fresh Foam 1080v10 sizes range from UK6.5 to Uk14.5. You could also view the size chart on the product page.
The Fresh Foam 1080v10 comes with engineered knit upper that wraps around the foot like a shock and provides 360 degrees of comfort all day. This model features an ultra heel design that hugs the foot firmly and provides ample of comfort during the gait cycle. It also comes with a traditional lacing system which will enable individuals to customise their fits. Some people may not even need frequent fit adjustment as the stretchy engineered knit upper will provide a snug and comfortable fit.
The shoe falls in the running category, but this does not mean people can’t use it as an everyday casual kick. For instance, Adidas designed the Adidas Ultra Boost for running only, but you can see the shoe on the street in many urban cities. So, it’s just a matter of time before the Fresh Foam 1080v10 takes Urban streets by storm. As New Balance just released the footwear, there are not many colourways in the market at the moment but expect them to release more soon.
- The Fresh Foam 1080v10 is a data-driven design as well as the Fresh Foam 1080v9
- The differences many runners pointed out are the Fresh Foam 1080v10 is lighter and, the Hypoknit upper design boosts its comfort and feel
- Another thing they highlighted about the new model is its better midsole cushioning
- According to a reasonable number of runners, the heel slippage they experienced while running in the Fresh Foam 1080v9 has been fixed. So such slippage is not experienced in the Fresh Foam 1080v10
- Some runners do give credit to the previous version for its sturdiness and comfort.
- Overall, many runners prefer the Fresh Foam 1080v10 to Fresh Foam 1080v9
- For individuals that don’t want to use any of the shoes for running, both kicks can be a cool shoe for everyday wear
New Balance has upgraded the upper design of the Fresh Foam 1080 in this new model. The Fresh Foam 1080v10 comes with Hypoknit upper. New Balance team engineered the material to be stretchy, flexible and lightweight. Runners say the upper of the shoe wraps around their feet like socks. A runner says his toes have ample freedom to play around in the toe box area due to the stretchy material. According to a reviewer, the toe box room is not enough, but it will not be a big issue due to the stretchy upper.
One of the upper features that reviewers frequently talk about is the Ultra Heel design. Due to the complaints the New Balance team received about heel slippage in the previous version, they modified the heel design to something that almost every runner applauds. The slippage is not there anymore.
The Fresh Foam 1080v10 comes with flat laces. It features a gusseted, stitch-in tongue on the upper to offer a midfoot lockdown. The tongue accents the New Balance Fresh Foam X 1080 branding to show which line of NB shoes the Fresh Foam 1080v10 belongs. Not only that the branding shows the line of shoes the Fresh Foam 1080v10 belongs, but also makes it look more stylish. The mid part of the upper shows a stitch-in fibre which provides some level of support to the material and improves the look of the shoe. On top of the stitch-in fibre is a New Balance logo, letter N.
The midsole of the Fresh Foam 1080v10 is a better version compared to its predecessors. It delivers enhance softness and more energy return. The responsiveness of the material is applauded by many reviewers and runners. It’s not as rigid as the previous ones but able to perform better and deliver more comfort. A closer look on the lateral side of the midsole would show laser-drill holes which runs from the heel to the midfoot area. The laser engraving on the midsole renders the shoe lighter and more flexible.
It’s like New Balance upgraded every feature of the Fresh Foam 1080. Like the upper and the midsole, New Balance has also touched the outsole. The rubber coverage on the outsole of this model is less compared to its predecessors. It features some decoupling grooves on the front section. Runners say the outsole grips well, but caution is needed on wet platforms during running gait.
New Balance Fresh Foam 1080v10 is the shoe many runners are talking about now. Based on tests results, the shoe is better for running a long-distance run. The knit material hugs the foot very well and provides all-day better feel. No complaint about the upper. The midsole provides lightweight and better cushioning. It provides better energy return. Runners are fascinated by all the improved features on the kicks. They say it’s a go-to kick for daily training. The shoe may be in the running category, but it looks very nice for street style.