Vans Ultrarange Rapidweld Review – Pros and Cons
May 26, 2019
Vans Ultrarange line was released to expand the Vans line of shoe. The Ultrarange Rapidweld is one in the Ultrarange line. It features Luxliner which offers a wrap-around sock-like fit. Another feature of the Ultrarange Rapidweld is the UltraCush Lite in the midsole. The Rapidweld construction on the upper of the shoe makes it looks more appealing.
Read more about the Vans Ultrarange Rapidweld below.
- Composition: 54% Textile and 46% Synthetic
- 100% Vegan
- UltraCush Lite Midsole
- Luxliner sock-fit construction on the upper
- Vans Waffle Rubber with reverse lug tread on the outsole
- Traditional lacing system
- Bootie construction
- Pro Vulc Lite construction
- Rapidweld details
The reviewer in the following video talked about the Rapidweld construction on the upper. According to him, the construction can be found around the toe box and eye stay. He pointed out that the stitchings on the shoe are not that many – very minimum stitchings. Also, he showed some areas that are meant to have stitchings including the suede overlay on the heel.
Moving on, he showed the breathable mesh construction on the upper and showed the inner padding around the collar and the tongue. There’s a good view of the Vans Ultrarange tag on the tongue. He also voiced that the pull tab on the tongue and the heel will enable easy slip on and off.
There’s a nice view of the UltraCush insole in the interior. Later on, the reviewer talked about the UltraCush midsole and provided a demonstration of how it feels and how responsive it can be. After showing the midsole and the toe box area, the guy showed and talked about the waffle rubber outsole.
Enjoy the video here:
- UltraCush midsole for better cushioning and shock absorption
- Luxliner construction in the interior a for snug fit
- Padded collar and tongue for prevention against blister and hotspot
- The seamless yet breathable upper offer sleek feel
- Lightweight and very comfortable
- Very versatile and goes with many outfits
- It’s quite budget friendly for many people
Vans Ultrarange was first released in 2017. The shoe is designed to be versatile and provide necessary comfort in a variety of functionalities. Since the shoe is a new addition in the Vans line of shoe, many fans have flocked into both the online and offline stores to cop it. Also, it seems like many of those fans could not wait to tell others about the shoe. You can find many video reviews of the shoe on Youtube. There are some buyers that have also reviewed the shoe on many sellers sites and there are some articles about the shoe.
The following are the summary of what those reviewers think of the Vans Ultrarange Rapidweld:
- Majority of reviewers recommend the Vans Ultrarange Rapidweld
- A substantial volume of wearers say the shoe is very comfortable
- Majority of reviewers are happy that they can use the shoe for almost every occasion
- Many reviewers say they have tried the shoe and liked it. They say they will be purchasing another pair
- Wearers appreciate the fact that the shoe is lightweight, breathable, and offer a sock-like fit
- Quite a good number of wearers of the Vans Ultrarange Rapidweld say it fits true to size
- Some reviewers regard the shoe as very durable
- Some reviewers say the sneaker can go with almost any outfit
- Many users appreciate the waffle rubber outsole for its excellent traction
- According to some reviewers, the shoe runs narrow. A good option is to go half a size up
- Those people with wider feet may have to go for a full size up
- Some reviewers question the durability of the Rapidweld construction
Rating breakdown presents informative data on how well a product is doing. Those that have left comments on what they think of Vans Ultrarange Rapidweld also rated the kick from 1 star to 5 stars.
The following is a pie chart that presents the rating of the Vans Ultrarange Rapidweld from 1 to 5 star. Each star has the percentage of the reviewers that have rated the shoe.
Click through the chart if you wish to see the current Rating Breakdown.
To expand their line of footwear, Vans released the Ultrarange line in 2017. There are many Vans Ultrarange versions out there that many fans are willing to add to their rotations. Ultrarange Rapidweld is one of those versions. The Ultrarange Rapidweld features Rapidweld construction and UltraCush technology. Pro Vulc Lite and Luxliner are also other features that contribute well to the shoe exterior and interior.
Read more about the shoe features below.
The upper of the Vans Ultrarange features Rapidweld construction. The Rapidweld construction is a stitchless construction that somehow makes the shoe lighter. The conventional stitching has been replaced by the Rapidweld which is promised to offer more structural integrity and make the shoe lighter. It also delivers a clean aesthetic to the shoe. According to Vans, Rapidweld is more durable, flexible, and lighter than conventional stitching.
Vans Ultrarange is made of a breathable and seamless upper with bootie construction that tends to offer wearers a comfortable snug fit. Luxliner construction in the interior and the tongue provides a sleek feel. It prevents the inner part from rubbing against foot which in turn, prevents blister and hotspot.
Vans Ultrarange Rapidweld comes with a traditional lacing system. The colour of the lace matches that of the upper. There is a pull tab on the tongue and the heel to enable easy slip on and off. Ultrarange tag on the tongue makes the shoe looks more stylish. The Vans iconic side stripe gives the Ultrarange Rapidweld a complete Vans look on both sides.
The Vans Ultrarange Rapidweld features an UltraCush Lite foam which runs from the heel to the toe. According to Vans, UltraCush Lite is developed specifically for reducing weight and improving comfort. The material can be used in a wide variety of applications and constructions. It can be used in the outsole, midsole and insole. In the case of Ultrarange Rapidweld, UltraCush Lite is in the midsole and the insole.
The UltraCush in the insole aligns with the foot contour and provides responsive cushioning in every stride. It supports the UltraCush midsole in absorbing shock and offering cushy comfort in every step both on the board or off the board (surfboard or skateboard).
There isn’t much to say about the outsole except that the design looks great. Aside from that, the material used for the outsole construction is Vans waffle rubber. The waffle rubber features a reverse lug tread to provide excellent gripping. The outsole is durable and enables excellent traction on any surface. Also, it can withstand wear and tear.
The Vans Ultrarange Rapidweld is a sneaker many fans fall in love with because of its comfort and versatility. Not only that, Vans ensured the shoe is as lightweight and flexible as possible by choosing the right material to make it. UltraCush and Luxliner are some of the important features that make the shoe more comfortable and appealing.
Many fans do not complain about the price. So, it seems like the value of the sneaker worth the price. Some fans do say the Ultrarange Rapidweld runs narrow. They say going half a size up might be a good option. For those with extra wide feet, it might be a better option to go a full size up.