Vans Old Skool shoes
February 8, 2019
Vans old skool is the first Vans’ skate shoe that incorporated leather panels to increase its durability. It is arguably the most trustworthy pair of affordable shoe on the market. No matter what outfit you are in, any Van Old Skool can undoubtedly fit. All sort of fans including musicians, snowboarders, Skaters and other athletes can be seen on the street or on game pitches with Van Old Skool. The shoes are affordable and will definitely last you longer than a regular pair of sneakers, enabling you to save more money over time.
The following are few of the many vans old skool shoe that are very affordable by anyone.
Vans Old Skool- Black
The black vans Old Skool shoes with white stripe which signifies Vans signature has been on the street for decades after decades and still not get tired of by many fans. The shoe is known to be the first to bear the Vans iconic stripe. It provides effortless comfort. Its canvas upper enables light wear while the padded ankle collar keeps the foot feeling comfortable. It has re-enforced toecaps which protect it against repeated wear. Vans Old Skool comes in different sizes from 4 to 12.
Here are a few positive Vans Old Skool- Black reviews on Amazon:
“Lasted pretty much a whole year before I wore through the backs of them. Took about a week of sore ankles to break them in but besides that they did the job. I still use them because I work in a nightclub, so they have quite a long life.”
“I was looking for a perfect Christmas gift for my partner and searched the web high and low for vans. I even went to go to the high street stores but the prices were £60 to £80. I had a look on amazon and these were just £35 which was a complete bargain. These shoes fit perfect and can be used perfect in the summer and even in the winter.”
For the unisex Vans Old Skool shoe – black, the following are the feature you could be expecting.
- Vans – Original since ’66
- Seriously comfortable
- Outer Material: Synthetic
- Inner Material: Textile
- Sole: Gum Rubber
- Closure: Lace-Up
- Heel Type: Flat
- Material Composition: canvas
- Fit Type: Fits Regular Size
- Shoe Width: normal
Suede Old Skool Lite shoe
The Old Skool Lite shoe is designed by the re-engineering of the classic Vans skate shoe. The Suede old skool lite provides comfort, increase flexibility, and reduces the overall weight. Its design would not have been so good without the iconic sidestripe. The Vans supplies the shoes with different sizes from 2.5 to 12.
The following are few reviews of the shoe on Vans website:
“Incredibly light and comfortable shoe with one major design flaw – it has as zero traction on smooth wet surfaces.”
“I bought these as I’m disabled & find regular shoes too heavy. These are fab, they are comfortable, very lite & the cushioning is amazing, will be ordering another pair.”
“Had these shoes for less than 1 month when I stepped on a 1cm piece of glass and it went straight through the sole. The material is super light but not very durable. Ended up puncturing the sole and now whenever I wear them when it’s wet or raining, the sole sponges up water so even if you’re just walking on pavement, your socks get wet!
I’ve had similar skate shoes from another popular shoe brand for nearly a year and never had a problem with the soles. Since that day I haven’t worn them and I’m hoping to hear back from vans about getting an exchange or refund… I’d just get the classic old skools, avoid the lites!
Sizing wise: same as all other vans. I’m usually a UK 4 but got a UK 3.5 as these are unisex.”
Anaheim Factory Old Skool 36 DX Shoes
With the use of the detail from the original Old skool shoe, Vans now design the Anaheim Factory Old Skool 36 DX offering modernized comfort with upgraded UltraCush sockliners to pay tribute to it first Vans factory in Anaheim, California.
- higher glossed foxing tape
- cotton laces
- original drill lining weight
- suede and textile uppers to complete the look.
Gum Old Skool Shoe
The Gum Old Skool Shoe is a low top lace-up Van classic skate shoe and the first to bear the vans iconic sidestripe. The shoe has a re-enforced toecaps to protect it against repeated wear and padded collars to provide support and flexibility. Also, the shoe comes with additional pair of laces. You can find the shoe from size range from 2.5 to 12
- sturdy canvas and suede uppers
- gum-colored sidewalls
- signature rubber waffle outsoles.
Below are few reasons to buy and not buy it based on customers reviews, according to sneaker fanatics
Why You Should Buy it:
- “Majority of users share that the rubber gum sole provides a stylish contrast to the iconic Old Skool silhouette.”
- “A good number of reviewers dropped positive reviews for the Vans Gum Old Skool for its excellent fit that works well for those with narrow or wide feet.”
- “Numerous comment that the Old Skool sneaker silhouette is exceptionally stylish and matches fashionable with almost any type of casual wear.”
- “The reinforced toecaps are tough keeping the low-top shoe protected from repeated wear as according to many skaters the footwear can withstand a massive beating of jumps and tricks without any signs of breaking apart.”
- “Most comments focused on how comfortable the sneakers felt with the sturdy and supportive collar that is padded to keep the feet protected and comfy.”
Why You Should Not Buy it:
- “Many reviewers commented that there is hardly any difference from this design to the OG Vans Old Skool.”
- “Some parts of the signature gum-colored rubber waffle sole were peeled after a few months of use, says a handful of skaters.”
- “While this low-top sneaker looked perfectly stylish, some skaters say it can hardly perform jumps and tricks without breaking apart after a few months.”
There are many Vans Old Skool shoes out there. Only few are mentioned in this post. The Vans Old Skool shoes are affordable, very comfortable, lightweight and provide great flexibility. The some other Vans Old Skool shoes that are not mentioned above are Vansbuck Old Skool Shoes, Leather Old Skool Ghillie shoes, Jersey Lacy Old Skool shoes, Leather Old Skool Platform Shoes, Retro Old Skool Pro Shoes, etc. They worth having due to the great quality they show.