- Textile/synthetics upper material
- Textile inner material
- Textile insole
- Closure: Lace-up
- Flyknit upper for breathability
- No- sew overlays for added durability
- Signature flywire technology – the laces can be used to customize the dynamic fit of the flywire technology thereby providing better comfort
- Profile: Swoosh design
- Visible air max unit
- Outsole: Integrated lug for traction
About The Design
Nike wowed the fans when the air sole unit was first introduced in Nike Air Max shoes. We have all seen the value of the Air Max technology over the years. Nike never stop surprising fans with new development and improvement in the Air Max shoes. The continuous release of the best Air Max sneakers the sneakerheads could ever ask for is what makes the fans want more of Air Max technology shoes.
The Air Vapormax represents a new era in Nike Air Max technology. One of the challenges the designers faced when they first started working on the shoe was restructuring the air sole unit and trying to attach it to the upper. In the previous version of Air Max shoes, their goals was to fill the sole with as much air as possible. However, in Air Vapormax, they took a new approach. Rather than filling the air unit with as much air as possible they found a way to use the air more efficiently.
In terms of lightweight support, the shoe construction has a comfortable, flexible fit that accommodate your feet in lightweight and breathable comfort. The previous version of Flyknit might not have provided the enough support you expected in the heel. However, with the added overlay in the heel, you can expect more from the Flyknit 2.
When you look at the shoe, you would notice the individual revolutionary pods of air that run from the heel to toe providing lightweight cushioning. You cannot expect more from these pods than keeping the shoe flexible and lightweight.
The point of the Air
By using the air efficiently, they do not need to fill the sole with as much air as possible but with as much air as needed. On the outer sole are different lugs with shape like teeth attached to the individual pods running from the heel to the toe area. So when a wearer steps down, the lugs get pushed into the air unit creating pressure. Just after a step off, the pressure is released leading to springy bounce. This new development enables you to feel the comfort of the Air in a whole new way.
The Origin of Flyknit
Adidas Engineers said that they asked runners about their first experience with their Energy Boost shoe that was released in 2013. They added that the feedback help them to know what to improve on.
Nike and Adidas are among the best brands that produce the most famous performance shoes today. It seems like both brands are being inspired by the athletes.
Nike claimed that it was the runners feedback that made them embarked on a four-year mission with teams of designers, engineers and programmers. Their mission was to create a technology required to make the knit upper with static property for structure and durability. It then led them to define a precise placement of support, flexibility and breatheability in one layer. What they got out of this is a lightweight, form-fitting and almost seamless upper. This new development with unbelievable precision helps the brand to maximise performance and at the same time reduce the material waste of the traditional cut and sew by 60%.
Note: Recycled plastic bottles are utilised in every pair of Flyknit shoes with the help of the new technology. This result to saving millions of kilos of material from reaching landfills.
The Pros And Cons
Some fans and customers have given their thoughts on the Nike Air Vapormax Flyknit 2 shoes. After going through different reviews, I have managed to gather some good points that can help you when making a decision to buy the Flyknit 2 shoes. I am going to be providing you with the reasons to buy the shoe (Pros) and the reasons not to buy it (cons).
Reasons to Buy
- Most reviewers recommend the Flyknit 2 sneaker
- Flyknit 2 is very comfy are what most users say
- A customer says that her husband loves the shoe for the comfort and support it provides to his heel
- Many reviewers say the shoe is great not just for performance but also for everyday wear
- A reviewer says the knit upper makes the shoe more comfortable and better than the average gym shoes
- Fans are fascinated by the notice the shoe get when they wear it
- A critical care registered nurse says the shoe keeps his feet and back from hurting at then end of 14 hours shift
- Many users appreciate the bouncy effect of the shoe
- Many users say they love the feel of the shoe
- Some reviewers say the shoe is good for running, boxing, gym and everyday wear
- The quality of the shoe is amazing are what some users say
Reason Not to Buy
- Some customers complain that the air pods deflated after few weeks
- Reviewers complain about ill-fitting of the shoe -The shoe runs small. You will have to go half a size up If you want to buy it
- Some Reviewers are not happy with the durability of the shoe
- Some Customers say the shoe is not as comfortable as they expected
- Few reviewers complain that the upper mesh started to tear after wearing it for few weeks
- During the first wear, the tongue get ripped immediately when pulled are what some reviewers say
Since customers rating can be a very helpful tip for some people, I decided to provide 2 simple pie charts that show the percentage of 1 to 5 star rating of the Vapormax Flyknit 2 shoes.
The shoe is rated 4.3 out of 5 star on Foot Locker
It gets 3.3 out of 5 star on Finish Line
A Quick Video
The Nike AirVapormax Flyknit 2 has received many positive reviews proving it to be one of the best Nike Sneakers available today. Though the shoe may be the best sneaker or the best running, gym, boxing and everyday wear shoe to some fans, it is also good to note that there are some comments regarding the poor durability and ill-fitting of the shoes.
Please leave a comment below. Have any question? Please ask.